- This is a picture I did not take of an elderly woman contemplating an image from her childhood.
- This is a picture I did not take of a child holding a picture of her father who is in Iraq.
- This is a picture I did not take of Eva looking at unrealistic beauty ideals in a fashion magazine (Rest assured, it would have been staged for the social message. Thankfully, we don't have any of those magazines in our home.)
- This is a (horribly manipulative) picture of a child's small hands trying to tape together the torn wedding photo of his parents. (Not pretty, but I was imagining it as a good stock photo for an article on the effects of divorce on children.)
- This is a picture that I DID take but decided not to post for fear the content would alienate/offend readers (what do you think? good call? bad call?). It shows a homeless man sleeping underneath a huge image (billboard-sized ad in the Paris Metro for a sale at the department store Galeries Lafayette) of a mostly-naked woman stretched out and dangling her bikini bottom playfully from her foot.
Next month, we have a new challenge complete with multiple Photoshop tutorials, a couple of creativity-inspiring posts about artists/photographers, and hopefully, another interview. Stay tuned.