Monday, April 18, 2011

Street Photography Posts Roundup


Another post to organize past posts...
Street photography is my favorite by far. Here is a roundup of some of my street photography posts:
  • In April 2009, I did an intro on street photography for that month's theme.
  • When you are just starting out, the hardest thing about street photography is getting up the nerve to take photos of strangers. My first tip is to take photos of people who don't mind the attention and my second tip is to try taking photos at public events like demonstrations.
  • When I was in New Orleans, I conducted an experiment in street portraiture. My goal was to ask 10 random strangers if I could take their portrait. Guess what? People are pretty nice.
  • Also in New Orleans, I tried some street photography at night.
  • In Paris, there is never a shortage of public events. The 2009 Techno Parade became the subject of several posts. Earlier in the day, a bus stop told quite a story. By the end of the day, things got a little more dangerous. My "10 seconds at the Paris Techno Parade" captured an adrenaline-filled experience. At the end of 2010, I decided to do a full write-up for JPG magazine and the essay was featured as story of the week for the first week in 2011. I think that essay best captures what I felt in the moment.

0 comments: