Sunday, December 20, 2009

And now for a moment of sarcasm...


No tutorial today. Just a scene from the metro in Paris. The caption reads "And if Christmas lasted all year?" I don't think I could have made a better arrangement of people/poses/colors if I had planned it. My favorite serendipitous detail is hard to notice at this size: The woman on the right is covering up the "or" of the cell phone service logo so that instead of "orange" we get "ange" (angel) with a TM (trademark registered) next to it. This is my kind of twisted Christmas card.

4 comments:

michelle said...

The "danger de mort" sign doesn't hurt, either...

Unknown said...

So, how conspicuously were you in your role as photographer as you shot this? I feel like any time I take my camera out in the metro, everyone is very conscious about where I start pointing it--even on the opposite quai.

marc said...

I was sitting directly across from them with my big camera, so I put the camera on my lap and shot blind, checked the result, and shot again until I got it right.

Michelle said...

Sneaky shooting!