Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Still life bowl

I don't usually do design posts (although I love to read them on other sites), but I was browsing Design Public and checking out various and sundry goods when I came across this witty still life bowl. I want to post a photo of it, but the copyright restrictions are too intimidating. The framed bowl is a fun idea, although I haven't quite decided if its too clever for its own good. What do you think? Love it? Hate it? With apologies to designer Thorsten van Elten, I think I would be tempted to make my own less expensive knock-off with a different bowl and and vintage frame. I'm guessing that the flattery of DIY knock-offs would be lost on van Elten or Design Public, but it could be worse. At least I'm not creating a $20 version for Target.

What do you think? If you like it and have DIY skills (In my case, anything beyond a drill is foreign territory.) would you make your own version? If you do, take a photo and link back to the November Monthly Special.

0 comments: