Sunday, February 5, 2012

Someone else's Epic Fail post

Blake Andrews recently did his own sort of "epic fail" post. It's worth reading if you get a chance. Here's a quote:
"OK, so I sabotaged my submission and I have no one to blame but myself. Although I'm still sorting out my exact motivations, I think part of me didn't really want a show. All that time and money that I would've spent printing and spotting and matting and framing is now freed up. I can get back to sipping daiquiris by the pool. So in one sense it's a bit of a relief, one less thing to worry about."
Meanwhile, if you regularly read my blog you know that my own "epic fail" project has come to an end. This year is all about epic success. I'm embracing my marketable side: my goal is to see my own photos not in a gallery but in a store somewhere. The year is off to a good start. A nice little royalty check arrived this week for the 10,000 photos of mine that Wild Apple Graphics recently sold. I have no idea what stores bought them because that info doesn't appear on my royalties report. My dream is to simply stumble upon them somewhere.

1 comments:

Lucy Call Photography said...

That's so exciting that the wild apple thing is working out. I will be on the look out for a marc olivier photo.